Before all the nice weather is gone and winter hits again, make sure that you clean all of your windows. You should clean your entire window at least once a year in order to keep it in good shape and to prevent grime from building up. Use this guide to make sure that you clean your entire window.
Start With The Window Panes
The first thing you should wash are the glass window panes. This is the largest part of your window, and is the easiest to part of your window to clean.
- You can make your own window cleaner by combining equal parts rubbing alcohol and water. For every cup of alcohol and water that you use, you will also need to add a tablespoon of vinegar to the mixture.
- Place the mixture inside of a clean spray bottle that has never contained any other cleaning products. You don't know what could happen when you mix unknown chemicals together. Purchase a new spray bottle from your local dollar store.
- Spray the cleaner on your window, then use crumpled up newspaper to scrub and wash your window. The newspaper will prevent your windows from streaking. Make sure you clean both the inside and the outside of your windows.
Move On To The Frame
Once you clean the window panes, it is time to move onto the window frames.
- You will want to use a soft cloth to clean the frame, as well as a bowl filled with warm, soapy water.
- Dip the cloth in the warm, soapy water and run it around the window frame. You may need to rinse the cloth off to remove any dirt that gets on it.
- If you have a double frame window, you will want to till the window in and clean the sides of each window as well.
- Make sure that you also wipe down the weather stripping. The weather stripping is the fuzzy material that lines your window panes.
Finish With The Sill
Finally, you need to clean the window sill. The window sill is located at the bottom of your window. It is the couple inches of space that you see when you open up your window. This area often accumulates a lot of dirt since it is exposed to the elements when your window is open.
- To really clean this area, you should use a vacuum to get rid of all the dirt and debris that has accumulated there.
- Then, use the soft cloth that used on the window frame and run it around the window sill to get rid of the rest of the dirt.
- Make sure that you clean both the inside and the outside of your window. If you want your window to stay in good shape, you need clean both the inside and outside of your windows.
If your windows need replaced, contact a window company in your area for more information. Just make sure that you get it done before the weather turns again.Share