Cleaning the windows on your home is something important to do to ensure that your home has enhanced curb appeal and continues to let in a good amount of lighting during the day. However, cleaning windows can be difficult and many homeowners experience problems. Here are five window cleaning methods to keep in mind:
- Use a Window-Washing Squeegee: A problem many homeowners experience when washing their windows is that streak marks are left after. This is a problem because it seems as if the dirt has just been rubbed around and the windows don't appear to be any cleaner than before. To prevent this problem from happening, you will want to use a window-washing squeegee. Simply use the squeegee to wipe the windows from top to bottom after you have washed it down with water.
- Wash Mildew Away with Bleach: Another common issue homeowners find when washing their windows is that mold has begun to form on the window frame. Luckily, there is an easy way to remove the mildew from the window frame: by washing it down with bleach. The bleach will kill the mildew and prevent it from returning again in the future.
- Use Floor Wax: Applying a layer of floor wax on the windowsills is a great way to prevent them from getting dirty so quickly. The wax will keep dirt from sticking to the windowsills for a significant amount of time, which ensures that your efforts that have gone into window cleaning will continue to be noticed for a longer amount of time.
- Clean with Ammonia: If you live close to a smoker, or you have a smoker living in your household, the secondhand smoke can be damaging your windows. This is because secondhand smoke builds up a layer of grime on the windows that can be difficult to remove. Luckily, if you use ammonia to clean the windows, it will remove this layer of grime. You should also mix in lemon juice to the ammonia cleaner, which will help leave your home smelling fresh.
- Remove and Clean Screens: While window washing, you should also remove and clean the screens. The screens trap a great deal of dirt and dust over time. If they aren't cleaned, then this layer of dirt and dust is going to make the windows look just as dirty as they were before even after you have washed them.
By using these five solutions to clean your windows, you can be sure that you are going to have a great looking home from the outside and the inside. If you need further window cleaning assistance, be sure to hire professional window washers like Perfection Window Cleaning, who can assist you in keeping your windows spotless.Share